Breaking The Silence
Spreading Awareness and Challenging Misinformation about Autism
Vermillion Foundation is a non-governmental organization founded in May 2021 to dismantle the walls of ignorance, dispel myths and misconceptions about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and foster communities that understand and embrace individuals ASD in Uganda.
Vermillion Foundation is apolitical and was initiated through twitter spaces with a passionate team of advocates, professionals, and individuals with personal experiences related to ASD. We believe in the power of Advocacy, Collaboration, and Inclusivity to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals with ASD and their families. At Vermillion Foundation Ltd, we are dedicated to increasing awareness and promoting understanding about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in Uganda.
From then, we grew beyond social media to spread Autism awareness to our immediate societies through therapy camps, radio and television visits, club visits like rotary clubs. We have also visited and continue to visit various inclusive schools and homes to learn more about the experiences and challenges faced by persons living with Autism.
At Vermillion Foundation, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of individuals with autism and their families. Established in May 2021, our non-profit, non-governmental organization was born out of a passionate desire to combat the misinformation surrounding autism in Uganda. We firmly believe that by spreading awareness, providing support, and fostering a society that embraces neurodiversity, we can create a brighter future for those on the autism spectrum.
To passionately advocate for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) by providing support and widespread awareness for acceptance.
A world where autism is understood, embraced and celebrated.
What We Do
1. Awareness and Education:
- Conduct awareness campaigns, workshops, and community events to increase understanding and dispel misconceptions about autism.
- Share valuable resources, information, and articles that promote knowledge about ASD, targeting individuals in the community, including prospective parents and youth.
2. Advocacy and Collaborations:
- Promote acceptance, equal opportunities, and the rights of individuals with ASD.
- Ensure their voices are heard and their needs are met.
- Collaborate with government agencies, community organizations, and stakeholders to influence positive change at local, national, and international levels.
3. Community Engagement:
- Foster a sense of community through support groups, providing a safe space for children with autism and their parents.
- Encourage feedback and sharing of experiences.
- Conduct evaluations to improve awareness and advocacy approaches.
We embark on this journey with unwavering passion and dedication striving to break barriers, spread awareness, and create a society where individuals with autism are embraced, celebrated, and provided the support they deserve.
We Believe We Can Solve The Misinformation
Crisis In Our Communities
Our mission is to bridge the information gap and address the unique challenges faced by individuals with autism and their caregivers in Uganda. We strive to empower families with context-specific knowledge, resources, and a nurturing support network, allowing them to navigate their journey with confidence and optimism.
With inclusivity at the heart of our approach, we are committed to creating safe spaces where hearts and minds collide. Through collaboration with parents, educators, therapists, and community organizations, we build networks that celebrate the vibrant spectrum of humanity, ensuring that no one is left behind.
Through advocacy, we seek to improve understanding and challenge negative beliefs and behaviors, promoting an inclusive society that recognizes and values the contributions of individuals with autism. By raising awareness and mobilizing communities, we can change lives and create a world where autism is understood, embraced, and celebrated.